Visit Québec, Canada
Québec is the predominantly French-speaking region of eastern Canada, famed for it’s Victorian feel and historic culture.
The province is home to two vibrant and cultivated cities, Montréal and Québec City, both known for their brilliant food and sophisticated communities.
Québec City is one of the oldest European settlements in North America. This world heritage listed metropolis is a stunning combination of modern and historic architecture.
Montréal, the largest city in Quebec, is equally as impressive. Set upon an island in the Saint Lawrence River, it's known for its artistic vibe, colonial architecture and stunning churches.
Old Québec offers spectacular natural beauty in its rustic coastlines, plunging cliff lines and Laurentian Ski resorts. If you fancy a sophisticated get away - this province is for you.
MUST SEE SIGHTS AND THINGS TO DO IN QUEBEC
Getting to know Québec city:
- Explore the cobblestone lanes, dine at the boutique restaurants and lose yourself in the incredible array of museums on offer.
- Enjoy the street entertainment, including paid musicians, actors and acrobats.
- Take part in Québec’s vivid Winter Festival if you’re there during Jan/Feb.
- Admire the view from above on a helicopter tour or hot air balloon flight.
- Visit the fascinating Musée de la Civilisation museum.
While in captivating Montréal you can:
- Indulge in the epic food scene – from poutine to Kamouraska Lamb.
- Check out the spectacular Notre-Dame Basilica in Montréal, built in 1829.
- Catch one of the countless festivals, including the Festival International de Jazz de Montréal for music lovers.
- Ice skate beside the St Lawrence River during winter.
- Roam the cobblestone streets to admire the city’s gorgeous architecture.
Take a full-day wildlife-watching cruise from Quebec city.
Do an ice-wine tour in Old-Montréal.
Ski in the Laurentian Mountains, known for its picturesque resorts and vast forests.
Go moose-spotting in Forêt Montmorency, the largest teaching and research forest in the world.
Whale watch in the calm waters of the Baie Ste-Catherine.
WHEN TO TRAVEL TO QUEBEC
The ideal time to head to Québec is during summer, when you can enjoy the best of the region's events and natural beauty. If you’re there for winter, try to time your trip to coincide with the Winter Carnival in February.
GETTING TO QUEBEC
You can travel to Quebec via air, rail or boat and the region is serviced by many airlines.