Top things to see and do in Banff
Jewel coloured lakes, snow covered mountains, incredible wildlife and inspiring architecture await you in one of the world’s most famous national parks. Every way you look, you’re almost guaranteed to take a postcard perfect shot! Spectacular scenery and iconic Canadian attractions such as the Icefields Parkway, Lake Louise and Banff Springs are impressive all year round.
BANFF SPRINGS HOTEL
BOW VALLEY PARKWAY
SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS STORE
BANFF UPPER HOT SPRINGS
SUMMER ACTIVITY IDEAS
- Rent a canoe and paddle on glacier-fed waters.
- Hire a bike and cycle the Legacy Trail or ride through the forest along the Spray River.
- Cast a line in fresh water from the shore or take a fishing tour on Lake Minnewanka.
- Take a walking trail around Banff, or hike in the mountains
- Ride the wilderness trails on horseback and have a cowboy cookout for lunch.
- Have a round of golf at Banff Springs Golf Course.
WINTER ACTIVITY IDEAS
- Banff National Park has three world-class ski hills to choose from - Mt. Norquay, Lake Louise Ski Area and Sunshine Village
- or go backcountry to find untouched powder.
- Take a snowmobile tour.
- Ice skate on frozen lakes.
- Rent a sled or toboggan and head to the hill.
- Take an ice climbing adventure.
- Try curling, ice fishing or take a horse-drawn sleigh ride.